Monday, April 12, 2010

SURELY YOU'RE ROCKINGG Mr.FEYNMAN


I can't resist from writing a review on such a fabulous book, I read in my recent times. This is the book, about  Nobel Laureate Richard.P.Feynman and his Adventures, told in his own words. The tag line "Adventures of a Curious character" is very apt to this book.
Once, you begin reading it, you can't resist from not reading it. Various incidents, in his life are narrated very humorously. You can't control the laughter. There are many interesting episodes in this book, which one won't forget  for considerable amount of time.
Some of them are: The door prank, which is unforgettable and very humorous.Prank played with waitress.Answering puzzles posed by a girl, during a ball.Map of cat episode.Testing bloodhounds. His art classes and many more.
After reading this book, I clearly understood the definition of a scientist, which until then, I misunderstood. The way, Feynman, gets to know many things, by investigating and enquiring into them; made him a real scientist. He spread his arms of knowledge on vast and various fields which, I think no other scientist/physicist would have. Its completely mind boggling. He is the one, whom we can call the scientist. No where, I came across the egoistic approach of Feynman. I don't want to say much about this book, you find it out yourself.

The entire book is very beautifully written and most of it is really humorous. A must read for science students, scientists and also wannabe scientists.

No comments:

Post a Comment